Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Post 1: Fashion inspiration

         My first post is based upon the three fashion bloggers I gather inspiration from. All three blogs I chose trigger my curiosity far beyond drawling over the styles I admire.


1. Dallas Shaw is the creator of one of my favorite fashion blogs! She is an established working women who inspires me through her charismatic social media presence and her creativity. Not only does she blog about her personal style insights, but she also explains what her career entails. She is a fashion illustrator and style expert. Her job allows her to work with multiple aspects of the fashion industry, and she is very open about sharing her ideas on obtaining success. I know from her Instagram page that in the past she has spoken to students about her career path, and finding their own place in the fashion industry. Her willingness to take on a mentor role is something I admire.

  She said it herself, "I am very lucky that everyday of my life I find myself surrounded by beautiful things."

In this video she explains one of her recent projects;




2. Julie Sarinana is the blogger behind Sincerlyjules, who owns and rocks my dream closet. I like that we share a love for gold jewelry, and that most of her style posts are accompanied by the same outfit worn or posed in different ways. Sometimes she even adds a scenic photo to the mix, which completes the visual needed to understand the inspiration behind a look.
        


 This blog inspires me to venture out and see the world! Yes, majority of the content is fashion related (which I love), but it is full of adventure on top of that. This blog sparks up curiosity from within, and I could spend hours envying the life I vicariously witness through my IPhone.



3. "Not all those who wander are lost," was the first line of the description on Ms. Jessica Stein's Instagram page that got me hooked. Her tropical blog illustrates my kind of paradise. Following her journey from place to place sparks my determination to travel the world, one beach at a time. She is a personal style blogger from Sydney, whose wardrobe definitely impacts my dream closet that I have safely stored away on Pinterest. 

I love her simplistic, tropical style, but what I adore most is the photography on her blog. The landscapes she posts are breath taking!


Below lists all three blogs in order:
http://dallasshaw.com/  
  http://sincerelyjules.com/   
http://www.tuulavintage.com/
 

3 comments:

  1. Melissa- I love the blog theme that you chose, it has nice organizational flow! Also your commentary and blogger choices are well thought out and described I too love Jules and follow her religiously! I am sure you already know but just in case you don't here is the link to her awesome store site! http://shopsincerelyjules.myshopify.com
    Also they are currently in the midst of a flash sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Jessica! I've been following her for quite some time now and I'm obsessed with her super effortless, easy-breezy, boho-esque style! She could wear a plastic bag and it would looks flawless on her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Barrett. I will definitely check out the flash sale! Joanna, I totally agree Jessica's style is completely effortless and flawless!

    ReplyDelete