Scarf down the yogurt & go...
With the temperature dropping this past week, it is
understandable that large cozy scarves have been a trend seen on the NYC
streets. The fast paced hustle and bustle that accompanies the city is usually
enough to keep the heart racing and the body temperature up. However, the brisk
chilled air this time of year is a tough competitor.
Since winter has hit, according to Bill Cunningham, extra layers are crucial. In this video, Fashion's Deep Freeze, he mentions some trends he noticed on the NYC streets as of late. Although he did not point out the large scarf trend, when watching this video it is evident that they are consistently present on the bundled up individuals featured.
The bigger the better it seems! From the looks of things, blanket scarves are the new addition to the scarf family and are gaining popularity this season. On the streets, particularly 27th street, it is common to witness individuals drowning in their scarves for warmth.
Whatever
the occasion, the scarf is the must have accessory this season. Its versatility
in size, print/pattern, and texture provide each with its own unique flare.
This particular blanket scarf can be found by copying & pasting this link into your browser:
http://www.ae.com/aerie/browse/product.jsp?productId=1729_2273_749&catId=cat5650221









Hi Melissa!
ReplyDeleteI love your pictures. You did a great job capturing people on the streets of NYC. I also reallly like the scarf trend because it is practical yet stylish. Scarves, especially blanket scarves, keep you warm but can spice up any outfit. It is amazing how one accessory can completely transform a look. It is great how everyone can wear these scarves too. From bulky crocheted ones to neutral blanket scarves, there are choices to suit every style. Thanks for the link to Aerie. Now I know where I can buy one! If you want to make your own blanket scarf, check out the link below. It is super easy!
http://www.momadvice.com/post/how-to-make-a-blanket-scarf
Melissa- nicely done! I loved the variety of photos that you took! Being from Phoenix originally blanket scarves and essentially all warm wear was a foreign concept to me. I spent a lot of time before arriving in the winter apocalypse looking up warm but trendy scarves, I so wish your post had been up back then! But here's a "cozy" post you might get a kick out of from Style.com! http://www.style.com/street/top-looks/2014/street-style-winter-scarves
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I love all scarfs short, long, infinity, and now blanket scarfs. Your photos are really great I really like the variety. My favorite place to get blanket scarfs is etsy because they are homemade and really different here's the link! https://www.etsy.com/search?q=blanket%20scarf&ref=auto1
ReplyDeleteI love the NY street style pictures you took! Scarves are one of my favorite winter accessories. Scarves even help me make a statement to certain outfits during the spring season. Fashion blogger Wendy Nguyen made a YouTube video showing 25 ways to tie a scarf. Scarves are so versatile that's why I love them.
ReplyDelete