Friday, March 6, 2015

Post 6: Victoria Secret Fashion Show

I have always been a huge Taylor Swift fan! 


So of course when I found out she was going to preform at the Victoria Secret Fashion Show in 2013 I was so there! Since it was in New York, I was lucky enough to be able to personally witness some of the commotion. 
The 2013 show incorporated performances by big stars such as, Taylor Swift, Fall out boy, Neon Jungle, and A Great Big World. Every year the Victoria Secret Fashion Show is wonderful, but the 2013 show will forever be my favorite. 

(Above: Pete Wentz, Fall Out Boy)

(Above: Neon Jungle)

I believe it is important to note all the hard work put into a fashion show, from the actual designs, to the models, to the public relations, and so much more! Every aspect is crucial. It takes a significant amounts of time, money, and effort to make this happen.
As for public relations, in 2013, some of the Victoria Secret Angels appeared at an in-store meet and greet.

(Above: Angel Candice Swanepoel)

Candice was the first angel to hit the runway in 2013 in a red and gold ensemble that stole my heart. The details in it were just incredible! The video below shows the full runway show along with insights about the behind the scene aspects that make the show so spectacular. I noticed that the designs seem to reflect the personality of the performers. Fun, edgy outfits were featured during Fall Out Boy's performance, and romantic, delicate ones during A Great Big World's song. This further emphasizes the importance of details. My personal favorite portion of the show was when Taylor performed I Knew You Were Trouble. Not only do I love that song, but I adored the designs as well as the atmosphere that was created with the snow!
I hope you enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa, great post! The Victoria Secret Fashion Show is always an amazing show there is always something for everyone! What an awesome experience that must have been! Great photos also thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa. Loved your post! I also wrote my post on the VS Fashion show, yet I wrote mine on the 2014 one. The 2014 show was the first one I watched and would definitely watch the ones in the future! I think it is so cool that you were able to go and see the show. I hope they have their future shows in the area so I can check it out as well :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa- I can feel your passion for Tay Swift and Victoria's Secret shows through my computer screen! I like the approach you took to this assignment, I would not have thought to do a post this personalized, and I loved it! Your excitement radiates throughout the post, and I feel like I got a little backstage pass so thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melissa! First off, so jealous you've met Taylor. I'm obsessed with her! Second, I absolutely adore the Victoria's Secret show & look forward to it each year. I think their designs are so fun and playful, and their colors are always so great!

    ReplyDelete